Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Gabriel appeared to her and said, 'congratulations, favored lady! The Lord is with you.'... 
Mary said, 'I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to do whatever he wants. May everything you said come true." 
Luke 1:28, 38

As Christmas is approaching I think of the story of Mary's visitation with Gabriel. Here is a girl, very young, being told she is highly favored by God. And straight from an angel's lips, so it must be true. How God looked upon Mary is how I want Him to look upon me. She must have been a very righteous girl and one who searched for the Lord. I often wonder how the Lord sees me. To be considered righteous before the Lord is a great honor. I never want to take the gift of salvation lightly or cheaply. Every day I have a choice, I choose how I relate to others, I choose the words I speak, I choose if I spend time with my Savior. And I choose how I respond in any situation. I believe the decisions I make today either lead me closer or further away from the Lord tomorrow. It is my choice to respond to his invitation. The other part I love about Mary is her response to Gabriel. She must have had a great trust and faith in God. When the Lord asks things of me, may my response be every time, "I am your servant. I am willing to do whatever you want." How such statements must please His heart. One day I hope to walk in that simple trust and obedience just as Mary did; despite the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment