Thursday, December 15, 2011

Outlaw- Mark Mathis

"Open up the doors
 turn the lights on
 hear the love song
 pick it up again

 I'm an outlaw
 running from you
 come arrest me
 I surrender to you

 though you slay me
 I will trust  you
 though offended
 I will cling to you

 'cause I want to
 be a witness
 of your power
 and your goodness"
OUTLAW by Mark Mathis

Whenever I hear this song it quickens my spirit. Especially the verse "though you slay me I will trust you, though offended I will cling to you". These are the words I want to be able to speak every time something maddening or confusing happens. I want that to be my anthem. Because no matter the circumstance I am in it won't change the fact that God is still good. And how I want to be a witness to that power and goodness. God is so faithful to our hearts; we are all outlaws running from Him and yet I do want Him to find me and arrest me. I need answers so often and I think God just wants to give me Himself instead. The answers usually come later when I am not even looking for them. I fear there will be many more times I am offended by something God did or didn't do but I will hopefully choose to cling to Him because He is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment