Thursday, December 8, 2011

A good book.

This week I had a birthday:) And I got a good book as a gift. I am the type of person who loves to read and have tons of books. Old books especially. I just love those old hardbacks. They bring me such happiness. My amazon wishlist is full of books.. I actually had to go on and remove some because it was starting to overwhelm me. The book I received was Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurmard. It is an allegory; another thing I love! I just wanted to leave a small excerpt from this great book.
" I must tell you a great truth, Much-Afraid, which only the few understand. All the fairest beauties in the human soul, its greatest victories, and its most splendid achievements are always those which no one else knows anything about, or can only dimly guess at. Every inner response of the human heart to Love and every conquest over self-love is a new flower on the tree of Love. Many a quiet, ordinary, and hidden life, unknown to the world, is a veritable garden in which Love's flowers and fruits have come to such perfection that it is a place of delight where the King of Love himself walks and rejoices with his friends." -Hinds Feet on High Places. Hannah Hurnard.

1 comment: