Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Writing..

Are You my all consuming joy? My treasure? The one I would give everything up for? Do I have a distaste in my mouth for the sinful worldly things? I admit, it is not fully. But I want it to be. How I want to only want You as my treasure. Just You. For You are goodness, excellence, love, all that is pure and lovely wrapped up into one Being. You are what I want to desire most of all. None of the extras. So I ask only for  yourself God. Give me You. And let my heart respond in joy and love and gratitude. Joyfully praising You for Your unending glory. Show me Yourself, know me so on that last day I will be welcomed to stay with You forever. Do away with the untruths inside my mind. Rebuild it to know Your truth. To understand. Lord, help me to walk in the light. Let the light be a space I want to always live. Forgive me for not seeing You. For missing the truth too often. Turn my heart towards obedience. To respond in joy to the things You ask of me. Make me more into Your likeness. Everyday Father. Reveal Your heart to me. Teach me Your ways. Forgive me my faults. You need to be my pleasure, my joy, my treasure, my most loved, my prize, my heart's desire! The one to satisfy me fully. The best and greatest truth in my life. Crush what stands in the way. Burn inside my heart, so You can't be denied. Reveal the lesser things to me. The things that are wasting away and are eating at my soul. Change my heart Lord. Shift it into focus. Fill it with joy at Your beauty and glory. I want to always be responding in praise. You are the One. The One to remedy me. Thank you. Thank you Lord. Make me Your pleasure. I want to rest in Your arms Jesus. You are the most restful place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment