Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Joys of Reading..

I had posted about a great book "Hinds Feet on High Places" well my sister got me the next book for Christmas. I had no idea there was a sequel to the first. Again, I recommend it:) It has been a delight. I wanted to leave a excerpt from it: Mountain of Spices by Hannah Hurnard
"You know Grace and Glory, 'It is enough for the disciple to be as his Lord,' and to learn also to overcome evil with good. There is absolutely no experience, however terrible, or heartbreaking, or unjust, or cruel, or evil, which you can meet in the course of your earthly life, that can harm you if you will but let me teach you how to accept it with joy; and to react to it triumphantly as I did myself, with love and forgiveness and with the willingness to bear the results of wrong down by others. Every trial, every test, every difficulty and seemingly wrong experience through which you may have to pass, is only another opportunity granted to you of conquering and evil thing and bringing out of it something to the lasting praise and glory of God. You sons and daughters of Adam, in all your suffering and sorrow, are the most privileged of all beings, for you are to be perfected through suffering and to become the sons and daughters of God with his power to overcome evil with good. If only you realized your destiny, how you would rejoice at every experience of trial and tribulation, and even in the persecution which comes your way. You would 'count it all joy.' You would take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, and distresses for Christ's sake 'for when you are weak, then you learn how to be made strong."
I find it comforting to know my Lord doesn't leave things as they are. Beauty for ashes, gladness for sorrow. He perfects us through our sufferings. This is fact. A promise. He always overcomes evil with good. And I can have that for myself! He wants to teach me how.  My goal is to one day 'count it all joy.' I have yet to arrive there. But it brings hope to my spirit to know that this is the outcome. If I allow Him, He will come and transform my heart and character through my trials. Sorrow lasts for the night; but joy comes in the morning. He is too good! What a Savior. How He saves me from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment