Monday, June 27, 2011

The Dresser..

Here she is. And yes she is a girl. At least in my mind. The first picture is a before and the rest are afters. I found her outside a shop for $15... and so she has some age issues but overall I think she has great character. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be when I saw her but it all came together. This is the first dresser I have tackled and will be keeping my eyes open for more low cost dressers to transform. I painted her in a grey and then in the details added the color provence. I stained the top dark to help set it off. The edges of the drawers and body are lightly distressed. For a practice dresser I am very pleased with how she turned out! And the sign on top is something I recently did as well.
This week I am headed to the beach so there probably won't be any more posts this week. And I need to replenish my stock of furniture to do! Maybe a trip to goodwill is in store soon.









2 comments:

  1. Alyssa, this work is awesome! I friended you on FB a few weeks back, because I have a potential project for you, if you are interested. Let me know!

    -Ryan Shirk

    ReplyDelete