Thursday, September 8, 2011

New small Dresser, Mirror, Sign, etc.

A few weeks ago, my mom and I went to an auction. It was the first time I did any bidding; and I admit I was a little intimidated. But I got a good couple pieces to transform. Here is one. A small dresser that I painted with the colors provence and cream. I added a stencil between the knobs. And finished the top with a dark stain.




Here is a mirror I purchased at the auction too. I painted it old white and distressed the edges. It is an old mirror so I liked how it came out antique looking.



If you know me well, you know I have a love for good quotes. I have small notebooks full of them. And I wanted to make a sign using one. So I got some wood, sanded, cut and stained them. The quote is from Emily Dickinson.

And finally here is something new. I also like to take pretty pictures. So I have been thinking about how I can do something different with them instead of just frames. This is a molding piece from Lowes that I painted and distressed and added my picture too. I thought it was a cool decorative piece you could hang or just set up alone.

More dressers, dry sink, signs, table, chairs coming! Thanks for perusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment